Everyone deserves safe and healthy relationships! Dating abuse or violence is a pattern of destructive behaviors used to control a current or former dating partner. It can be hard to tell when a behavior crosses the line from healthy to unhealthy or even abusive, but the list below can help you see if your relationship is going in the wrong direction.
Warning signs of abuse:
1. Constantly puts you down
2. Constantly calls/texts you
3. Checks your cell phone without permission
4. Jealous and doesn't want you to see your family or friends
5. Has an explosive temper
6. Accuses you of things that are not true
7. Physically hurts you in any way
8. Pressures or forces you to do certain things
9. Threatens you
Contact the National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline for anonymous and confidential help and information. Call 1-800-799-7233 or text "START" to 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
The NAMI HelpLine provides the one-on-one help and information necessary to tackle tough challenges that you, your family or friends are facing.
The NAMI HelpLine can be reached Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.–8 p.m., ET. 1-800-950-NAMI (6264) or firstname.lastname@example.org